Residential Care Worker
Location: Hayling Island, Hants
Salary: Up to £22,165 dependent on experience
Hours: 7 days on, 7 days off
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hillcrest Poppy Lodge is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ registered 7 bed, boys residential home for children and young people aged 10-18 years with Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. The residential home is located near Portsmouth, within close proximity to the beach, and offers a therapeutic model of care to our residents which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Poppy Lodge is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to support their personal and academic needs. Located in South Hampshire we are within commutable distance of Waterlooville, Gosport, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Fareham, Southampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
Participate in the rota for care of Service Users as part of the care team. To include:
- Personal care
- Organising and participating in appropriate activities for Service Users
- Domestic duties including laundry
- Cooking and shopping
- Transporting Service Users to appointments and activities
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to record information accurately
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to working positively with families and others
- Flexibility and willingness to work a shift system including weekends
- Ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour
- A genuine regard and respect for this client group
- Ability to demonstrate empathy
- Basic IT skills
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.