Job Title: Music Teacher, Children’s Education – Options Trent Acres
Salary: £24,373 pro rata
Options Trent Acres, is situated on a 12-acre site offers an integrated residential, education and care package for up to 30 children between 8 and 18 years with a wide range of complex needs, Autism and associated learning disabilities. The school is purpose-built, modern and welcoming with a range of specialist learning areas including an indoor and outdoor riding school and outdoor gymnasium. Children also have the opportunity to work with our horses, donkeys, goats, alpaca and chickens. Learning outside of the classroom is a fundamental part of life at Trent Acres. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Stoke, Derby, Telford, Stafford, Lichfield, Burntwood, Rugeley, Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Uttoxeter and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Music Teacher for Options Trent Acres you will be responsible for developing and improving the skills of the students within the school, whilst encouraging positive learning and rewarding pupils for good behaviour. Managing the resources for the classroom and planning your lessons creatively will ensure pupils meet the curriculum and reach their maximum potential.
The post holder will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic studies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. Covering our music curriculum you will be expected to lead the teaching and coordination of flexible, person-centred programs of study for designated individuals and groups of primary pupils with autism.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis working, term time only.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Plan, deliver and teach individual pupil’s or small groups across a range of primary subjects
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each pupil to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have proven experience of teaching children with SEN in either a primary or secondary setting
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum and its assessment procedures
- Confident and enthusiastic with the ability to create lesson plans to suit student needs
- Experience in teaching Music
Please apply online now or call 01543 473772 for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.
Please also note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group