Options Kinsale offers an integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, including; autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, dyspraxia and ADHD, as well as impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Wrexham, Flint, Mold, Prestatyn, Chester and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Bank Support Worker you will provide daily, quality care to children and young people with Complex Needs and also support their learning experiences in the school. This role is offered on a bank contract and will give you the flexibility to choose your hours against our shift availability.
Your day to day duties as a Bank Support Worker will involve:
- Working with our children and young people to support their education and individual life programme, promoting skills and independence whilst maintaining safeguarding procedures
- Managing challenging behaviour and helping to develop self-control techniques
- Supporting learning experiences in school and at home
- Organising and participating in a variety of off-site activities
- Documenting all children’s activities, to include reporting and recording key aspects of their care
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to work toward Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence and have transport to and from work place
- Have proven experience working with children with complex and challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability and willingness to work shifts, including weekends and sleep-ins
Please apply online now or call 01745 562500 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group/Options Kinsale is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable adults in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We expect all employees to understand our Group Safeguarding Policy and undertake training. We will undertake recruitment checks throughout the recruitment process where permission has been given by candidates.