Options Adult Autism Services provide specialist residential Services for adults with Autism Spectrum Conditions, learning difficulties and complex needs, based in Holywell, North Wales.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary & Duties:
As a Bank Support Worker (LSI), you will work at one of our specialist residential services supporting adults to develop independent life skills. This role is offered on a bank contract and will give you the flexibility to choose your hours against our shift availability.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and in the wider community
- Developing domestic and personal skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily tasks
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
Key Skills Required:
- Hold or be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) or equivalent
- Keen to work with adults with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to complete shifts on an ad-hoc basis
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence and own transport to and from work
Please apply online now or call 01745 562500 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Options Adult Autism Services forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group/Options Adult Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable adults in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. We expect all employees to understand our Group Safeguarding Policy and undertake training. We will undertake recruitment checks throughout the recruitment process where permission has been given by candidates.