Adults Waking Night Support worker (Maternity Cover)
Up to £20,553 depending on experience
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and adults, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an Adult Support Worker to join our Millfield House team to cover a waking nights maternity cover post.
About the Home
Millfield House is an attractive Edwardian House set in beautiful grounds. The home is a dedicated Adult services facility for residents with a diagnosis of autism, severe learning difficulties and associated challenging behaviour. The building and grounds have been adapted to cater for the residents complex needs with the opportunity for the residents to have privacy, but also to be able to access communal spaces for recreation and the development of independent living skills.
Millfield House is within commuting distance from Grantham, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Peterborough and Lincoln.
About the Role
This is a diverse position where you will be a corporate parent and a positive role model, helping fulfil the needs of the adults at Millfield House and improve their lives. As a Support Worker, your role will involve providing care to adults whilst also helping individuals to develop independent living skills.
Shifts are from 20:45- 08:45 on a rolling 4 night on, 4 night off rota.
During these hours you will be assisting the Adults with whatever they may need; Helping with Night or morning Routines and assist with any problems or personal care needs they may have A key responsibility is to Safeguard all who are in our care and ensure they are safe and healthy.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Safeguard all adults within the home and support them with their individual needs
- Attend to all the personal, physical and mental needs of the adults
- Help improve the standard of living and confidence of each adult
- Be prepared in the case of a fire and act appropriately
- Keep the homes clean and tidy
- It is not essential to have previous experience within the care industry however all applicants must have a passion for care and be willing to train to Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Ideally, hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
About the Group
Our Millfield House site is part of Options for Autism. Options for Autism is the dedicated Adult services division of Outcomes First Group. The adult division provides a wide range of support and care to over 200 adults with autism, learning disabilities and associated other health and support needs nationally, with more homes opening in 2020.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of children, adults, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning, we are seeking someone who shares our vision.
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for