Bank Support Worker
£8.72 - £9.66 per hour DOE
Are you currently facing a career cross-roads and would like to explore new options?
Or, are you already experienced as a Support / Care Worker?
If you have a passion for care and are now seeking a role where you can really make a positive impact on the lives of others we would love to hear from you! We currently have Bank Support Worker opportunities at our home The Old Vicarage.
About the Home
Our home The Old Vicarage is an established home based in a residential area, with 8 bedrooms, a large garden, conservatory, patio, gym and quiet room. A homely environment where each individual is supported to work towards personal independence, gain life skills and live a fulfilling life.
The home has an experienced and dedicated team, available 24 hours a day. We have developed a person-centred approach so the adults we support can contribute to their personal development plan, by organising their own daily living within the local community.
QCQ rated Good the home is within commuting distance of Hayes, Slough, Yiewsley and surrounding areas.
About the role
As Bank Support Worker you will be offered the flexibility to choose your hours against the available shifts, these could include both weekends and sleep-in duties. This is a great opportunity to join an established team with a passion to support our adults with individually tailored programmes to develop their life skills.
This role would either suit an experienced Residential Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as a Bank Support Worker would include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- We can consider applicants with no previous industry experience and experienced Support Workers for this role, the salary will vary dependent upon experience and qualifications already obtained
- All applicants must be willing to work towards, or already hold the Level 2 Diploma is Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Applicants should have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends and bank holidays
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately and work inline with both industry and company guidelines
- Ideally, hold a valid UK driving licence and be willing to transport the adults in our company vehicles
Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.