Deputy Home Manager
Location: Tadley, Hampshire
Salary: £9.00-£9.50 Per Hour
Hours: 2 days on / 2 days off (7.30am - 10pm)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Acorn Cottage are specialist residential provisions for children and young people with SEMH require a Team Manager to join their team. Based in Tadley you can easily reach the services from Basingstoke, Newbury, Slough, Reading and the surrounding areas.
Acorn is an Ofsted registered independent children’s home offering residential care for children & young people aged 7-18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The 6 bedded home, set in a rural locations in North Hampshire, offer holistic models of care and education for the residents, which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Deputy Home Manager you will supervise and motivate a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality care and support to the children and young people in our care. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans for the people we support to ensure they are on track for positive results. Alongside the everyday care and education of the young people we support, staff may also be involved in activities such as swimming, camping, horse riding, guides, health & beauty and trips away.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds supervisory experience and is looking for a new challenge. This role involves working 7 days onsite (including sleep ins and on call) followed by a full 7 days off. During your 7 days on shift you will work between 7.30am - 10pm, there will be a requirement to complete 2 sleep in's during the 7 day shift.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Contributing towards the maintenance of a positive, safe and homely environment
- Supporting in promoting the children’s educational, social and emotional needs
- Leading, mentoring and motivating staff
- Providing formal supervisions and managing staff performances
- Building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Deputising for the Home Manager in their absence
Key Skills Required
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity within a children’s residential setting
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to direct, lead and motivate individuals and the team to deliver positive results
- Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.