Hillingdon Manor School requires a Primary School Lunchtime Supervisor, working 2 hours per day, term time only. Salary £3,889 per annum. Our school is within commuting distance of Cowley, Colham Green, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, Hayes and surrounding areas.
At Hillingdon Manor, we provide specialist education for c185 pupils with autism, aged between 3.5 -19 years old. Located across two sites, we deploy a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners.
Working as part of a small team, the role of Lunchtime Supervisor has responsibility for the supervision of pupils ensuring they have access to all aspects of lunchtime within the education setting.
This role is offered on a permanent basis, working 2 hours each day, Monday – Friday, term time only.
Following an induction and training period, your duties as a Lunchtime Supervisor would include:
· Setting up, cleaning and clearing lunch tables
· Assisting pupils to open and eat their lunches
· Encouraging pupils to use correct table manners and behaviours
· Actively supervising playtime and participating in games
· Promoting good behaviour, addressing issues in line with behaviour management guidelines
· Liaising with teachers and teaching assistants on a regular basis
Key Skills Required:
· Have basic knowledge of food hygiene
· Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with pupils of all ages and be consistent in approach
· Confident to deal with and manage both challenging behaviour and verbally abusive language
· Proactive and able to solve problems, whilst working as a part of a team
· Be organised and able to keep simple records.
If you are a compassionate and friendly individual looking to join our team as Lunchtime Supervisor, please apply immediately. In return, we offer a salary of £8.24 per hour and excellent company benefits.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Hillingdon Manor forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.