Options Barton is a DfE registered school and OFSTED rated children’s home offering a purpose built service specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. We provide care to children and young people with autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties. Based in Barton Upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, we are within easy reach of Barton, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Hull and surrounding towns.
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Learning Support Assistant, your role will involve providing education to children and young people with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties, the role of Learning Support Assistant focuses on developing independent life skills through individually designed programmes
This permanent role is offered on a 45 hour per week contract, working 7.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday. Term time only.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Supporting the morning routine in the on-site Children’s Home
- Working with the class teacher, assisting the children with their work and supporting appropriate pupil behaviour
- Establishing good relationships with pupils; acting as a role model and responding to individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Preparing materials and resources to facilitate effective teaching and learning sessions
- Taking part in meetings, contributing to report-writing, Individual Behaviour Plans and other administrative tasks as necessary
- Supporting children and young people with personal care tasks as appropriate
Key Skills Required
- Experience of working with children and/or adults who have an Autistic Spectrum Disorder and/or challenging behaviour
- Ideally, experience of working within an education/residential setting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The resilience to work successfully in an environment that can be both physically and emotionally challenging
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to use ICT
- A willingness to take part in relevant training and development opportunities
Please apply online now or call 01652 631280 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your start date.