Options Llys y Delyn offers integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, including; autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, dyspraxia and ADHD. As well as impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties. The children will attend Options Kinsale as a day pupil for their education. The service has a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. These are carefully tailored to meet the needs of the individual young people. Our packages of support are flexible and innovative to enable each young person to succeed.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Team Leader this key position has responsibility for supervising and motivating a team of Support Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality care and support to the children.
This role is offered on a full time basis working 7am – 11pm on a one on two of shift basis.
Your day to day duties as a Team Leader will involve:
- Participating in the rota for care of children and young people as part of the care team and to undertake a number of tasks including: personal care, organising and participating in appropriate activities, domestic duties to include laundry, cooking and shopping and to transport the children and young people to appointments and activities.
- Supporting and supervising the children and young people with the implementation of life skills, key skills and independence skills and leisure in their home and community.
- Safeguard all children and young people and ensure their safety and wellbeing needs are being met.
- Undertake agreed delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis in support of the line manager, for example supervisions, annual appraisals, probation reviews and return to work meetings.
- Lead and supervision staff on shift to ensure that they carry out their duties and behave appropriately at all times.
Key Skills Required:
- Hold Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children and Young People) or equivalent
- Relevant experience of working with children/young adults with autistic spectrum disorders, trauma and/or challenging behaviour
- Experience of supervising and appraising staff
- Effective leadership skills and ability to motivate a team
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Good IT skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Please apply online now or call 01745 562500 for further information
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.