Location: Belmont School – Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire.
Hours: 20 hours per week – 3pm to 7pm Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £7,779 dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent , Term Time Only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Domestic Assistant to join our close-knit team at Belmont School in Rossendale. Someone who takes pride in their cleaning would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Belmont is an independent specialist day school for boys 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
To maintain the high standard of cleanliness throughout the whole school using the approved cleaning methods.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Domestic Assistant who takes pride in their work.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team and be physically fit.
Whilst previous experience of working as a Domestic Assistant would be an advantage a candidate with the right skills and the right motivation and personal qualities are just as important.
- Daily cleaning and sanitary areas such as toilets, sinks and shower cubicles
- Removal of rubbish for all areas to the correct disposal points
- Cleaning of floors by means of mopping, vacuuming or buffing
- Cleaning of internal glass
- Damp dusting surfaces, ledges, shelves etc
- Use all equipment in a correct and safe manner
- Report any faults or concerns to the Site Supervisor/Line Manager
- Carry out any urgent spot cleaning
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate
- Good general education
- Knowledge of cleaning products i.e. COSHH
- Ability to prioritise work load and work as part of a team
- Security and confidentiality aware
- Must be physically fit to meet the demands of the role
- Flexible approach to working days/hours i.e. deep cleans during the school holidays.
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
This position is due to commence on the 01st September 2020 (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Applications are invited online only through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Kelly Walden on email@example.com
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks.