Location: Wetheringsett Manor, Suffolk.
Salary: Up to £18,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a School Administrator to join Wetheringsett Manor School. If you are looking to join a dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you!
About the School
Wetheringsett Manor School is a new independent day SEMH School for up to 66 pupils aged 11-19. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
Wetheringsett Manor School site is currently going through significant refurbishment and is based in Suffolk, East Anglia. The Manor House is located in 17 acres of parkland with wooded boundaries and sits on the edge of the village of Wetheringsett. The accommodation also provides several other buildings including a converted stable block, a cottage and two industrial units.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role
As the School Administrator you will be joining a brand new team and will work closely with the Headteacher setting up processes within the school. The students that attend this school will all have special educational needs so you will need to be patient, empathetic and resilient whilst providing professional and effective administration to the School.
The successful candidate would be due to start as soon as possible to be able to support with the opening of the school. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the school at the very start and see the team and pupils grow and develop.
You will be enthusiastic, able to work effectively as part of a team and dedicated to making a difference to improving the lives of the young people that we support.
- Supporting the team with minute taking, arranging appointments, diary management, hosting meetings and letter writing
- To assist with telephone enquiries, taking messages and answering enquiries related to the school and direct where appropriate
- Reviewing the EHCP plans
- Support the registration of the new students, creating student files, and maintaining the Pupil Admissions Register.
- To welcome visitors/parents to the school in a polite and efficient manner.
- Basic finance duties such as raising invoices.
- Collating and inputting data for school reports and logging confidentially information securely.
- Ordering, monitoring and organising office supplies and liaising with appropriate services to organise maintenance of the office and equipment
- Staff Recruitment - placing adverts for vacancies, collating and forwarding Application Forms, preparing interview schedules, contacting prospective candidates with information, issuing contracts and offer letters in accordance with the school recruitment policies and procedures by liaising with HR.
- Any other administrative duties required by the team as the role develops.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Internal Promotion
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks). Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please email email@example.com
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check