Job Title: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Flexible (Alcester / Uxbridge)
Salary: Up to £40,000 dependent on experience
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, Hillcrest, National Fostering Group, Options, Pathway Care Residential and Sunflower Fostering.
About the Role
This is a really exciting time to join a growing IT team as we transform into a market leading IT function. This team has played a central role to assist with the growth of Outcomes First Group, solving IT challenges at our central offices, schools, residential homes and fostering agencies. As the Group aims to consolidate itself across these challenging sectors, our team will continuously improve to ensure we provide an excellent IT service.
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager you will be the first point of contact for the 1st line support engineers at the point of escalation. You will troubleshoot and resolve 2nd line issues through to resolution. Logging all calls and keeping our end users up to date throughout issues will ensure we maintain a good standard of customer service with clients.
Working with the IT Service Desk Manager you will help to improve support and management processes and provide suitable networking solutions. Regular contact with our regional offices, schools and care homes will also ensure systems and services are operating as required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an IT support role or MSP in a 2/3rd line role. You will have advanced knowledge of IT hardware and understand Microsoft products and server platforms.
You will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with challenging customers whilst maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour. The successful candidate will take ownership of issues and use initiative whilst working calmly under pressure.
We are interested in candidates who are certified Microsoft professionals (Microsoft MCSA) or educated to Degree Level.
- Pick up 1st Line tickets to help keep queues down and improve customer service
- Own and monitor all calls assigned to you to resolution, escalating where necessary to IT Services Manager
- Maintain, organise and manage the hardware database. Ensure all requests are completed for all areas of the business.
- Log all communications on to the incident management system
- Organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Microsoft 365
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- VOIP/Telephony solutions including 3CX and Mitel
- FortiGate and or WatchGuard firewall
- Educated either professional (Microsoft MCSA, CNNA etc) or public in IT at Degree Level.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products from Windows 10, MS Office, etc
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively but also as part of a team
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- A problem solver
- Has a professional and friendly demeanour, positive and flexible attitude and excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Driving License
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.