Job Title: IT Service Desk Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Flexible / up to 2 days a week in Bolton Office
Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on experience
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, Hillcrest, National Fostering Group, Options, Pathway Care Residential and Sunflower Fostering.
About the Role
This is a really exciting time to join a growing IT team as we transform into a market leading IT function. This team has played a central role to assist with the growth of Outcomes First Group, solving IT challenges at our central offices, schools, residential homes and fostering agencies. As the Group aims to consolidate itself across these challenging sectors, our team will continuously improve to ensure we provide an excellent IT service.
The Service Desk Manager plays a crucial role keeping IT services running smoothly whilst juggling the competing priorities of a range of customer needs. Supported by a team of first-, second- and third-line engineers, you will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of technical services and end-user applications across all sites. This includes provision and support of all IT equipment, including new starter set-up, multi-function devices and specialist IT equipment. You will also be a key point of contact providing technical advice to project teams.
Who we are looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a customer centric individual with experience of managing and monitoring an IT Service Desk. Working to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and performance targets, you will have extensive IT Service Management experience and knowledge of key ITIL principles. You will also have experience of customer service management and continual service improvement as you will take responsibility for the full range of customer service touch points.
- Asset and configuration management.
- Experience of reporting IT service performance.
- Experience of continual service improvement.
- Experience of Customer Service Management.
- Core technical understanding.
- Ability to do tactical execution.
- Basic understanding of IT structure.
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong leadership quality.
- Industry-relevant certifications e.g. ITIL
- Knowledge of key systems used : Microsoft Office, Active Directory/Azure Active Directory,
- Service Management Software - ConnectWIse
- Telephony platforms – Mitel & 3CX
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.