Job Title: Product Owner (Adult Care)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Flexible / Alcester or Bolton Office
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children, young people and vulnerable adults, we have the role for you!
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Care and Education, Hillcrest, National Fostering Group, Options, Pathway Care Residential and Sunflower Fostering.
About the Role:
This is a really exciting time to join a growing IT team as we transform into a market leading IT function. This team has played a central role to assist with the growth of Outcomes First Group, solving IT challenges at our central offices, schools, residential homes and fostering agencies. As the Group aims to consolidate itself across these challenging sectors, our team will continuously improve to ensure we provide an excellent IT service.
As the Product Owner in Adult Care the primary focus will be the roll-out of a new cloud-hosted business system across our estate of Adult Care homes. Once implemented, you’ll be the primary point of contact for system enhancements & support. You’ll also be involved in the delivery and support of software used in our Child Care business ensuring synergies across the wider care provision are achieved.
You will be responsible for supplier management and will also be the single point of contact for our suppliers, so it is essential you establish and maintain great relationships with them. Reporting to our IT Director and Senior Managers, you will generate reports to track activity such as spend profile, SLA adherence, project delivery, performance improvement plans and ensure you are working effectively to targets.
Who we are looking for?
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Product Owner or a similar role in product management. You will have a track record of hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life-style and product configuration management.
You will have stakeholder management experience with a passion for problem solving and customer service. You will be adept at working with suppliers, analysing reports, as well as an excellent communicator.
- Familiarity with agile and/or project management techniques.
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle – Requirements > Design/Proposal > Develop > Test > Implement
- Working knowledge of software development methods, integration protocols & web technologies
- Hands-on experience of product configuration management, access control and resolution of end-user issues resulting from configuration errors/conflicts
- Team player with strong communication abilities
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to meet project objectives within product and contract constraints
- Good organizational skills
Why work for us?
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.