Hillcrest Eyton House is an Ofsted registered 6 bed residential children’s home offering care and support to children aged 8-18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situated close to Weston- under-Lizard, Eyton House provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. The home is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment to support their personal and academic needs. We are within commuting distance of Telford, Cannock, Stafford, Wolverhampton, Walsall and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Deputy to the Registered Manager you will join an established and experienced care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This role has responsibility to manage a 6 bed residential home for children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties. This key position supports the Registered Manager and has additional responsibility for supervising and motivating the care team, ensuring the provision of quality care within the home. Staff may also be involved in many activities including swimming, camping, football, youth clubs, events and music concerts.
This role would suit an experienced and qualified Team Leader looking to develop their career as a Deputy Manager within a children’s service.
This role is offered on a full time basis, working 40 hours per week, days to be discussed with the Registered Manager
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Taking the lead in the management and supervision of the care team and directing the day-to-day running of the service
- Ensuring the children and young people are offered a safe, positive and homely environment
- Actively contributing to the provision of quality care, ensuring promotion of the health, welfare, education and development of young people
- Acting as a designated Safeguarding officer
- Working in partnership with parents, teachers, social workers and other external parties to fulfil the responsibility of parenting young people
In return our benefits include:
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People Services or equivalent
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within a residential children’s service, including a sound knowledge of child development, attachment and trauma
- Relevant experience of motivating, supervising and appraising staff
- Effective leadership and time management skills
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current child care legislation
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role.
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441 for more information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.