Speech and Language Therapist
£27,330 - £36,370 per annum, depending on experience
12 month fixed term contract - term time only
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our clinical team at Hillingdon Manor School. Hillingdon Manor is a specialist education provider for children with autism and the clinical team are a large, supportive and dynamic multi-disciplinary team. This is the ideal role for those looking to have an impact in an environment which offers ongoing support to further advance your skills and knowledge with internal supervision available.
About the Group
Outcomes First Group are innovators in education and care and the leading children’s service provider in the UK. We have 3 specialist divisions within the group; Options for Autism, National Fostering Agency and Acorn Education and Care. Hillingdon Manor sits within our Education and Care division where we provide services across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as part of a large multidisciplinary team, you will provide specialist Speech and Language Therapy input to our children and young ensuring their well-being and best interests at all times. You will be involved in the development of diverse, effective and innovative approaches to supporting and developing the functional communication skills of those with complex communication needs.
This role is offered on a fixed term (Maternity Cover), 39 weeks per year, working 38.5 hours per week.
In brief your role would involve
• Performing Speech and Language Therapy assessments of clients with diverse presentations to identify intervention needs
• developing and supporting the delivery of individualised intervention programmes or group sessions using your knowledge of evidence based practice
• Evaluating client progress, reassess and alter intervention programmes as required
• providing advice, information and training to staff, other members of the multi-disciplinary support/ clinical team, commissioners and other agencies regarding complex communication issues relevant to autism and associated conditions
In return we offer:
• Professional supervision
• Support with CPD and professional registration costs
• A network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection & practice development
• Company Pension Scheme and benefits
Key Skills Required
As a qualified Speech and Language Therapist, the following criteria is essential:
• Recognised and relevant Speech & Language Therapy degree, and HCPC registration
• Experience within our specialist client group
• Knowledge of a range of assessment tools and evidence of skilled application
• Experience of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work within a range of settings
• Knowledge of sensory differences and Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC)
Please apply online now or call 01895 813 679 for further information.
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS and necessary checks. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.