Hillcrest Moorlands is an Ofsted registered specialist 6 bed residential children’s home specifically designed to meet the needs of young girls & boys, age 7-18 years, with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Located in a rural setting, situation close to Stoke on Trent, Moorlands provides a caring, structured and homely environment for our children. We are within commuting distance of Newcastle-under-Lyme, Hanley, Tunstall, Stafford, Crewe, Macclesfield and other surrounding towns and villages.
Hillcrest Children’s Services is a national provider of specialist therapeutic children’s homes and schools for boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Qualified Therapeutic Support Worker you will join an established and experienced care team in the mentoring and educating of children and young people who can display challenging behaviour. This position focuses on developing independent life skills whilst providing a therapeutic care environment. It is an energetic and varied role supporting and mentoring children who can show challenging behaviour. Staff may also be involved in many activities including camping, football, rugby, ice skating, gym, community groups and events, music and concerts and charity work.
This role is offered on a full time basis, working on a 1 on 2 off or 2 on 4 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting, mentoring and educating our children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Contributing to a safe and homely environment for our young people.
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care and developing your professional skills as part of on-going development
- Managing complex behaviour that can be challenging
Key Skills Required
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification
- Ability to provide consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with children with challenging behaviour.
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends.
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be prepared to drive as part of the role.
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441 for more information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams