Options Adult Autism Service provide a specialist residential and outreach Service for young people and adults with Autism, learning difficulties and complex needs. Our adults currently reside in the rural area of Otley, Leeds. We are in easy commuting distance of Menston, Newall, Wharfedale and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Bank Support Worker you will be involved in various activities to promote independent living for our adults with Autism. As a Bank Support Worker, a confident, caring and flexible approach is essential as we tailor our care to match individual needs.
This role is offered on a causal basis working a variety of shifts.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting adults at home and in the wider community
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily tasks
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
Key Skills Required:
- Be willing to work toward or hold a Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care for Adults or equivalent
- Have proven experience as a support worker, ideally having worked with autism, learning difficulties or mental health needs.
- Be proactive and organised with a desire to develop an outstanding Outreach service
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including every other weekend
- Hold a full, UK clean driving licence
Please apply online now or call 01724 733777 for further information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
If your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.