Options West Sussex support adults with learning disabilities in their own home including the Chichester area. As a business, we provide services to adults with a diagnosis of autism and Learning Disabilities and employ c4400 staff across the UK. We are within commuting distance of Arundel, Bognor Regis, Havant and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
The role of part-time Support Worker provides personal care and support to clients in their own home. Assisting with day to day tasks and using your own car, you will also transport our customers to access the local community, relevant day services and social activities, which may include bowling, cinema, gym and local shops.
This position is offered on a permanent, part-time basis working every other Friday sleep in (5 pm-10 pm) and one Saturday a month.
This rewarding career would suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career. We offer full training and the chance to gain your Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care for adults.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and personal care
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards a Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Keen to learn with a positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Full UK driving licence
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
If your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.