The following information includes a summary of press coverage we have achieved between May to July relating to success, achievements and more that has been happening across the group.
Hillcrest Shifnal School, Shropshire, rated Good in all areas by Ofsted
- An interview with Primary School Management
- An article online and in print with the Shropshire Star – https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/education/ofsted-reports/2018/07/19/three-schools-celebrating-after-ofsted-reports/
- A news bulletin on BBC Radio Shropshire – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzaI0NSwxOo
- An article on the Education for Everybody website and social media pages – https://www.educationforeverybody.co.uk/feature/Hillcrest-Shifnal-School
Scunthorpe Inclusive Festival raises autism awareness and brings together families across the community
The Inclusive Festival takes place at Options Roxby House this Sunday.
- Lincolnshire Today online – https://lincolnshiretoday.net/mag/inclusive-festival-autism-awareness-scunthorpe/
- Ucan2 Magazine online – https://www.ucan2magazine.co.uk/events/Inclusive-Festival
- Education for Everyone website and social media pages – https://www.educationforeverybody.co.uk/event/Options-Autism
A real treat for the public – Autism’s Got Talent shows what talented youngsters with autism can achieve
Autism’s Got Talent, the nation’s leading autism talent show, part sponsored by Options Autism and founded by Anna Kennedy our Autism Ambassador, is taking its show out to new British audiences with events in Cornwall, Devon and the Wirral.
- Pirate FM
- The Cornishman
- UCan2 Magazine (Web, Twitter & Facebook)
Top of the class – Outcomes First Group is developing pathways of care that will cover a person with special needs for life.
CEO Graham Baker tells Ploy Radford how the company is achieving this in a tough funding and recruitment environment.
- HealthInvestor online and print. Health Investor is a magazine for those seeking to participate in investments of all types within the health sector. In its ten issues per year, the magazine provides principals and advisers with a comprehensive overview of healthcare investment activity in the UK, reporting on key transactions and the people and organisations behind them.
Case study – Options Malvern View
Case study looking at severe autism and dealing with physically challenging behaviour.
- Sally McKeown’s Blog (Web) – Sally is a freelance journalist and copy writer specialising in disability, education and technology for people with special needs (SEN) – http://sallymckeown.co.uk/providing-top-quality-care-for-those-who-cannot-care-for-themselves
BBC Annual Care Stability Index Report
Graham Baker featured in a BBC News report from the Children’s Commissioner about the need for stability in care. The report also included one of the young people we support at Hillcrest Poppy Lodge, as well as one of our foster carers.
- BBC News (TV) – The report was broadcast on both the 6 O’clock and 10 O’clock BBC News programmes on Friday 1st June
- BBC Family and Education News (Facebook)
- BBC Education (Twitter)
- BBC News (Online) – ‘Pinball kids experience too much change in care’ Graham Baker and some of the young people we support feature in this article on the BBC about the need for stability in care – https://www.bbc.com/news/education-44289645