The following information includes a summary of press coverage we have achieved between January to March relating to new openings, success and more that has been happening across the group.
Options Higford achieves Autism Accreditation Status
Options Higford School are celebrating after being awarded ‘Autism Accreditation’ status for the third consecutive time from The National Autistic Society.
- Free Radio Shropshire and the Black Country
- BBC Radio Shropshire
- Shropshire Live (Online) – www.shropshirelive.com/news/2018/04/09/options-higford-school-in-shifnal-achieves-autism-accreditation-status
- Shropshire Star (Print) – www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/options-higford-achieves-autism-accreditation-status
Autism Awareness Week and Anna Kennedy
Anna Kennedy set up a range of activities during Autism Awareness Week with Heathrow Airport. This included an Autism Sensory Experience Bus for the public to experience sensory overload and Autism with Attitude dance group from Hillingdon Manor School doing flash mobs at the terminals in Heathrow.
- London Live (Online) – www.londonlive.co.uk/news/2018-03-27/heathrow-passengers-experience-autism-in-new-awareness-campaign
New school opens for children with complex needs
Options Trent Acres based in Kings Bromley, Staffordshire have opened their new co-educational specialist school for children aged 8 to 18 years old.
- Express and Star (Print) – www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/new-school-opens-for-children-with-complex-needs
- Staffordshire Living (Web) – http://www.staffordshireliving.co.uk/2018/03/school-opens-children-complex/
- Uttoxeter and Cheadle Voice (Print) – www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/new-school-opens-for-children-with-complex-needs
Hip hop dance stars turn out to support Autism with Attitude street dance group
Autism with Attitude street dance group caught the attention of some major Hip Hop acts who’ve joined forces to help send the dance group to the United Dance Organisations European championships in Germany by doing a fundraiser evening in the Broadway Theatre in East London. The likes of Unity, UMA, IMD, Definitive, Boy Blue Entertainment and Code 3 all came together for the event.
- Education Today (Print and Web) – https://content.yudu.com/web/69r/0Aiy7k/ETJan2018/html/index.html?page=12&origin=reader
- AuKids Magazine (Web) – https://www.aukids.co.uk/np94.shtml
- AuKids Magazine (Twitter) – https://twitter.com/aukids
- AuKids Magazine (Facebook) – facebook.com/aukidsmag
- Sal McKeown (Web), Freelance journalist – disabilities, education and technology – http://sallymckeown.co.uk/hip-hop-dance-stars-turn-out-to-support-autism-with-attitude-street-dance-group/
- Sal McKeown (Twitter) – https://twitter.com/salmckeown/status/949326375105769472
- This is Local London (Web) – http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/15811685.concert-will-raise-funds-for-autistic-performers/
- Hillingdon & Uxbridge Times (Web) – http://www.hillingdontimes.co.uk/news/15811685.Hip_hop_stars_help_Hillingdon_school_s_benefit_night/
It’s all about the individual, By Emma Gosling, Senior Specialist Occupational Therapist
Emma Gosling, Senior Specialist Occupational Therapist at Options Barton, talks about how a person centred approach can make all the difference helping people with autism to develop their personal skills.
- SEN magazine (Print)
- Education for Everybody (Print)
- Education for Everybody (Online) – www.educationforeverybody.co.uk/content/person-centred-approach%C2%A0-autism
Children in care: more than a label
Head Teacher Tim Rogers from Hillcrest Jubilee School offers insight on supporting looked after children.
- Special Children (Print and web edition) – http://my.optimus-education.com/sites/optimus-education.com/files/download_files/sc_241_febmar_opt.pdf
Staff and students from Hillingdon Manor School are featured on The Chrissy B Show
Staff and students from Hillingdon Manor School have been featured on Sky’s Chrissy B Show. The report explored Lego Therapy and the use of iPads to aid children’s learning and development.
- The Chrissy B Show – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Umxrgp5XZQ&feature=youtu.be