Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our work to provide as many vulnerable children and young people in the UK as possible with a stable and caring environment in which to grow and succeed has allowed us to give tens of thousands of looked-after people the opportunities in life in which they otherwise have missed out on.
When working alongside our chosen charities, we strive to provide equal opportunities to people from all walks of life. Our schools, homes, social workers, foster carers and others associated with Outcomes First Group across the UK come together throughout the year to raise funds for a variety of charities across the country. Here are some highlights:
At 10am on Sunday 26th April 2020, 5 individuals from Outcomes First Group will proudly team up and run the London Marathon raising vital funds for WellChild; the national charity for seriously ill children, young people and their families.
With more than 100,000 children and young people living across the UK with serious illness or exceptional health needs, WellChild operates a UK-wide network of children’s nurses, home and garden transformation projects and family support services that exist to give this growing population of children and young people the best possible chance to thrive – properly supported at home, together with their families.
With a combined target of £8,000 the Outcomes First Group runners and colleagues from the wider Group will be hosting a variety of fundraising events including bake sales, fancy dress, quiz nights, car wash, non-uniform days and raffles. If you would like to make a donation to this very worthy charity, please visit our JustGiving page
To learn more about WellChild, visit: www.wellchild.org.uk
Cooks & Kids
Cooks & Kids was an initiative started by the Outcomes First Group to pull together a child-friendly recipe book with a difference. Children were asked to come up their favourite culinary creations before celebrity chefs including Gregg Wallace and Aldo Zilli would take it in turns to turn mouth-watering food ideas into reality.
Fun and easy-to-follow cooking instructions accompanied by an image gallery with the celebrity chefs and children in action were made into a purchasable cookbook. All proceeds from the sale of the book went directly to Place2Be to help them continue their brilliant work.
Place2Be is a UK based children’s mental health charity focused on school-based support. They work to encourage schools to acknowledge and improve the emotional wellbeing of the entire school network from pupils and families to teachers and school staff.
Working across over 280 schools and supporting around 160,000 school children, Place2Be regularly conduct in-depth training programmes with the aim of putting a structure in place which enables children to learn coping mechanisms and mental resilience in which to more easily navigate the stresses and strains associated with growing up in the modern world.
Much like the Outcomes First Group, Place2Be work with adults and children from a variety of different backgrounds, including those with a history of emotional, behavioural and social problems as a result of wide-ranging and complex issues such as bullying, trauma, family breakdown and neglect.
Supporting the Local Community
We value the importance of sharing our skills and expertise to benefit not only the people we support but also those within the wider communities in which we operate.
We are committed to adding value to our stakeholders outside of the services we provide through initiatives such as;
- Hosting autism awareness sessions at local mainstream schools to educate teaching staff.
- Circulating regular help sheets offering advice to parents, carers and Local Authorities on various subjects relating to autism and social-emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Running local events such as summer festivals and open days further demonstrating our passion and commitment to integrating with the local community and raising awareness.
- Supporting neighbouring schools, for example through our sponsorship of Kids Safe packs, which educate and advise children to stay mindful and safe through a range of games and activities.
- Raising money for various local and national charities throughout the year to benefit those in need.
- Organising an annual donation of Christmas gifts to local children’s hospitals.
- Collaborating with local businesses to help to enhance the life experiences of the people that we support.
- Recognising those who are making a real difference, as well as celebrating the achievements of individuals with autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
For further information on how Outcomes First Group is committed to being a responsible company see our ‘Related Articles’ below which provide further examples of our work within the community. If you would like to find out more about any of our services please contact us.