Vacancy for Registered Manager, Adult Autism – Options Bredon House
|Salary:||Circa £35,000 per annum|
|Employment Type:||Full Time/Permanent|
|Hours of Work:||40 per week|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2019|
Options Bredon House is a transition to supported living service which provides community based accommodation and personalised support to people aged 18+ with autism and Asperger’s Syndrome, learning disabilities and associated complex needs. Based in Powick, Worcestershire, this Service is within easy reach of Malvern, Worcester, Pershore, Tewkesbury and Bromsgrove.
Job Summary and Duties
As an experienced Manager, you will join our management team and take full responsibility for Bredon House. You will lead and motivate the team to ensure that the adults we support are provided with consistency and the highest level of care.
Following a thorough induction your duties will include:
- Taking full responsibility for the home, providing the highest quality of care and support in accordance with Company policies and practices and those standards set by the Regulatory body
- Safeguarding all Service Users and ensuring that safeguarding procedures and policies are in place
- Undertaking regular reviews of the service provided to individual Service Users, involving any relevant external agencies where necessary
- Taking the lead on recruitment decisions with the assistance of the Administration Department
- Providing regular supervisions and annual appraisals to individual staff members in accordance with company policies
Key Skills Required
- Ideally hold or be willing to work towards a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (Adults) or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate relevant experience of working with adults with autistic spectrum disorders and/or challenging behaviour together with experience of managing staff
- Hold proven leadership skills together with the ability to motivate a team and individuals
- Have effective communication skills, both written and verbal with good IT skills
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of both safeguarding procedures and relevant Regulatory Body regulations
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Please note: All candidates must successfully complete a “fit persons” interview with the Registration Authority (CQC) and must register and maintain registration with the appropriate governing body, i.e. General Social Care Council (GSCC).
Apply online now or call 01684 312610 for further information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.