Cooks & Kids
Cooks & Kids was an initiative started by Outcomes First Group to pull together a child-friendly recipe book with a difference. Children were asked to come up their favourite culinary creations before celebrity chefs, including Gregg Wallace and Aldo Zilli, took it in turns to turn mouth-watering food ideas into reality.
Fun and easy-to-follow cooking instructions, accompanied by an image gallery with the celebrity chefs and children in action, were made into a purchasable cookbook. All proceeds from the sale of the book went directly to Place2Be to help them continue their brilliant work.
Place2Be is a UK-based children’s mental health charity focused on school-based support. They work to encourage schools to acknowledge and improve the emotional wellbeing of the entire school network – from pupils and families to teachers and school staff.
Working across over 280 schools and supporting around 160,000 school children, Place2Be regularly conducts in-depth training programmes with the aim of putting a structure in place which enables children to learn coping mechanisms and mental resilience in which to more easily navigate the stresses and strains associated with growing up in the modern world.
Much like Outcomes First Group, Place2Be works with adults and children from a variety of different backgrounds, including those with a history of emotional, behavioural and social problems as a result of wide-ranging and complex issues such as bullying, trauma, family breakdown and neglect.
Supporting Local Communities
We share our skills and expertise to benefit not only the people we directly educate and care for, but also those in the wider communities in which we operate. Beyond the services we provide, we’re committed to adding value for our stakeholders through initiatives such as:
- Hosting autism awareness sessions at local mainstream schools to educate teaching staff and local authority colleagues as well as parents and carers.
- Circulating regular help sheets offering advice to parents, carers and local authorities on various subjects relating to autism, and social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Running local events such as summer festivals and open days, demonstrating our passion and commitment to integrating with the local community and raising awareness.
- Supporting neighbouring schools – for example, through our sponsorship of Kids Safe packs, which educate and advise children to stay mindful and safe through a range of games and activities.
- Raising money for local and national charities throughout the year to benefit those in need.
- Organising an annual donation of Christmas gifts to local children’s hospitals.
- Collaborating with local businesses to enhance the life experiences of those we support.
- Recognising people who are making a real difference, as well as celebrating the achievements of individuals with autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
To find out more about how we’re committed to being a responsible company, please contact us.
How can we help?
Find out more about the range of services provided by Outcomes First Group.